Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blue devilled

My semester practical exam has been postponed to May 2nd because the government has announced a bandh in protest of the Sri Lankan issue. Again.
I fail to see what good a strike in this country is going to do the thousands of refugees fleeing the war zone. Yesterday was the Earth day and I watched this documentary called 'The Eleventh Hour' which depressed me some more. Call me cynical but I don't have faith in the collective billions living on the planet. Show me a crowd and I'll show you one person who controls that crowd. I'm also feeling generally crappy because of a lot of other things which aren't worth getting into right now.

The elections are coming up and I can't vote because apparently, I missed the 'eligible' time to be born by two days. I don't get this. I've completed nineteen years of age and the legal age for voting is eighteen.Hello? Do the math. Anyway, I don't know whom I'd vote for even if I had a voter's ID so I suppose the point is moot. If you could vote, who would you vote for? The DMK? The AIADMK? Vijayakanth? Heaven forbid. Whomever we vote for we're still stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's become a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils. It's easy to say the situation sucks. It's harder to do something about it. That's where that one person comes into the picture. And I'm at least glad to say that that doesn't seem like it's impossible anymore.

0 comments: