Friday, October 9, 2009

It's rainin' in Chennai!


Okay, I'm in a surprisingly good mood. Maybe it's because the weather's getting cooler. I can't wait for the monsoon to hit. My mind is suddenly swamped with all the things I can do in my study holidays (excluding study) and that's helping with the good mood too. Pity I have to do my sem pracs before that.

Hark! Was that thunder? Yes, it is! Rains have been lashing AP and Karnataka for days now and TN seemed to be having a dry spell. The rains are predicted to be heavier this year but I hope TN doesn't get hit with floods like her neighbours. I'm always for more rain but our drainage system and the agricultural areas can't take it. I'll always remember the storm which hit Chennai in 2005.
It was practically impossible to step into the streets for days on end but I loved it anyway because we had a week off school right during the exams. That's too much to hope for this time, but the rain is right on cue. The weather was getting way too hot. It's a welcome change.

0 comments: