Friday, June 26, 2009

Letting off steam


I’ve finally got some time to even think about writing another entry.
Oh no, I haven’t been incredibly busy. I leave that to busy people. It’s just that I can only work so much in one day, being naturally less inclined to do things I’m not very interested in, and going to college and coming back basically takes it all out of me.
My inspiration has been sapped. Drained. All creativity is being siphoned away from my mind in small doses for seven hours a day. It’s really difficult to think about blog entries when someone’s going on about finite automata and instruction sets right before your face.

Right. I feel much better now, thank you.

In spite of being sapped of all thought processes, I have been doing some soul searching. It’s not like I want to do it but there’s nothing else to do on an hour long journey every morning if you can’t sleep at the drop of a hat like some people.
The results are quite disturbing. No surprises there.

What I’m getting at in a rather nebulous way here is that sometimes things are all disconnected, like the join-the-dots thing kids do. My life is just one big page full of dots right now. Seriously, nothing connects. Like entities with no relationship. Like functions that haven’t been called. Like the unfinished bridges marring the city. I could go on but you’ve been tried enough already.

I just wish that I could have a few ‘Aha!’ moments. I’m not looking for anything huge like the purpose of life, only a few minor details. Is that too much to ask for? I think not.

5 comments:

Sakura said...

How can some one so tiny have such deep dense soul that comes up with vague but profound and sensible things to write about? O_O Size is definitely no guarantee for power I guess.. hmm..

Maia said...

Tiny?? Hello, I think I'm taller than you. :P Unless you're referring to my spiritual side in which case, miniscule might be a better adjective.

Sakura said...

the last time i saw you, you did look tiny.. :p

Maia said...

You saw me two days ago. And I was not tiny. I'm perfecty average. :P

Sakura said...

tiny :P