Thursday, June 18, 2009

Doodles


The weekend’s almost here and there’s still half an hour to go for The Big Bang Theory so here I am, bent over the keyboard furiously typing away.
All the optimism which bubbled over on Sunday night was vapourised into nothingness on Monday. One look at my class-in charge and the way she taught Theory of Computation effectively convinced me that the semester was going to be a huge trial. Add to that recurrent heat-induced headaches and it’s no surprise that I was a major grouch.

But no more! Yes, I had a great day today. All my professors apart from TOC are pretty okay, especially math thank God.

By the way, there are a lot of guys from training centers in the city coming around to our college to enlighten us about java and networking and stuff. The past two days have all been about how being a SCJP (Sun certified java programmer) or a CCNA (Cisco certified networking associate) would immediately guarantee us a high paying job.
It was hilarious and also brought home the ill-concealed truth when one of the guys in my batch yelled, “Kedaikalana?” from the back.

My mom is watching ‘Vijay Awards’ in the background right now. She’s having fun commenting on everyone from Parthiban to Jothika. I only saw the part where the woman hosting the show gushed over Nayantara and Nayantara went ‘So sweet!’
That was funny. Because I can guarantee that girls who gush so enthusiastically and say ‘so sweet’ in precisely that tone are really saying ‘God, I hate this female.’

Okay, okay, I’ve got to go. BBT is about to start. I will keep you updated on my fascinatingly boring life, as always.
On a Parthian shot, in Bahz Luhrman’s famous words, wear sunscreen.

0 comments: