Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Taking optimism nowhere


I want to study, I’ve taken all my books out and I totally understand the importance of opening them and actually reading them. So why haven’t I done it yet? It seems to be a rather simple thing to do at around 3 p.m in the afternoon. However, a couple of hours later when confronted with the actual books themselves, the feeling loses steam and somehow, I inexplicably end up making instant soup and reading Douglas Adams.

Talking about Douglas Adams, is the dude extremely awesome or what?
I mean, this is the man who boldly declares, ‘Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all’ and writes about Bistromatics, the Pan-galactic gargle blaster and Marvin, the paranoid android not to mention Milliways, the restaurant at the end of the universe. What is C and aptitude compared to humour about the vast, fictional reaches of the universe? Sadly, no one gets this.

0 comments: