Saturday, July 10, 2010

Plans


I met up with my friends today. It’s been a while since most of us have been free at the same time. While we sat eating chat, lasagna, sandwiches and cheese balls in Sree Mithai, I was surprised at how everyone seemed to be seriously choosing and sticking to their specific paths in life.

Kay’s already working in a bank; KD and Remy are still in college but were discussing how they could implement a system for treating accident trauma cases as soon as possible. Princess is going to do her M.Sc in Clinical Psychology. I just sat and ate my chili cheese sandwich and quizzed everyone on the meanings of words in KD’s GRE word list. No one might ever use words like obloquy and hirsute these days but damn, it’s fun. I would do GRE just to get to that word list but higher education is definitely not on my agenda right now.


Anyway, it’s a little difficult to join in conversations like the ones my friends were into today when you know exactly how clueless you are. It’s all very well to say most interesting people are clueless but I realize that I can’t be clueless for long. At least I now have some clue about what I don’t want to do.


I went down to KD’s place a little later and we sang along to Rihanna and Breaking Benjamin. Some things never change. It’s reassuring to know that we can still go crazy and do embarrassing things like karaoke and getting high on Pepsi no matter how much things change.

0 comments: