Monday, June 14, 2010

Wide Open Spaces


I’m having an attack of claustrophobia. More than my physical world, it’s the feeling of something closing in on me from the inside. I don’t know if you’ve ever felt this but it gives you a craving for walking down long roads alone in the rain. Anyway, it’s too bad all the roads I can take right now are packed with rush hour traffic, every hour. Maybe I just want to see a wide stretch of nothingness, open spaces as far as the eye can see. I can imagine it...a gray sky, a stiff breeze, the play of light, a place to watch the trees move from and maybe even someone to watch it all with.

I know, I know. It sounds like a badly written opening to a romantic tragedy. I’m not good with angst. So yeah, open spaces. If it doesn’t make me even more lachrymose, it might be a good idea.

1 comments:

Sakura said...

I learn't a new word :) lachrymose :P