Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scream


‘I sound my barbaric YAWP on the roofs of the world’ – Walt Whitman
Have you ever felt like going to your terrace and screaming at the world at the top of your voice? Yeah? So have I.
I think half the tattoos and piercings and fashion statements in the world exist merely to let out the dormant frustration and restlessness of the human soul.

Talking about frustration, is it just me or is it getting harder to interact with people these days? I know the feeling of being a part of a crowd and feeling so alone. With some people my sense of humour has a field day. With others, I can’t crack a joke to save my life. Heck, I can’t even put myself in their shoes anymore. I take one look at the shoes (figuratively) and I realize I don’t want to be in them.
But I also realize that I need to make an effort. Making friends and talking to people, I’m finding out, is not as easy as it was a couple of years back.

By the way, I’m discovering poetry beyond Shel Silverstein. Oh yes, life altering movies. You have got to watch the Dead Poets Society. Great movie, great story. I also put up a wonderful study plan which I’m studiously ignoring.
You know what? I don’t think I’m scared enough about the sem exams yet. Damn it.

1 comments:

Sakura said...

Its been four semesters and i hardly got a couple of good friends at coll! stress ,lack of time.. u name it.. they train us on how to lose friends and alienate people X_X