Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hitch or...Hitchcock?


Weddings. Why are they such an ordeal? I have nothing against the sentiment behind it but I am bothered about why it has to be such a public spectacle. I doubt people actually enjoy getting married anymore. And what's the point if you don't enjoy it? I'm only 19 and therefore, my ideas are going to be extremely biased. But hey, if the shoe fits...you want to have a great wedding?

Elope.
Take your parents and siblings along, by all means.
Of course, you can’t lose best friends even if you try to.
And your dog. You can’t leave your dog behind.
Oh, and don’t forget the groom.

Guys, sell the idea to your girl if you don’t want a thousand people gaping at you when you’re getting hitched. Hey, I know you don’t care either way but in this case, it’ll probably be easier to convince everyone that wearing jeans to your wedding isn’t sacrilege.

I don’t know about you but I think that the concept of an ‘Indian Wedding’ is truly the best horror story in the world. Other weddings are slightly less scary only because…well, I’ve never gone to one.
Be romantic, all of you crazy people in love. Run.

If you actually want a big, insanely pointless wedding with all the trappings and hype, you shouldn't have read this.

0 comments: