Saturday, November 14, 2009

No roads left



As I get swamped down with the pressures of exams...ok, I'd probably feel a lot less pressurized if I had actually attempted to study something ahead of the last day before said exam. But that's not the point. The point is, as I battle it out with my textbooks, I can't help but think whether it's really worth it. Not the studying, just the cramming and stuff.

I've often thought, 'what if I had been in a better college? Would I have been more interested in what I'm doing? Would I be conquering the world right now?'
And the answer is no. Yeah, that's life.

Anyway, I was just looking for a few tracks by my favourite band, Linkin Park and I came across a few interviews by Chester and Mike. What a contrast. Chester was your typical high school rock punk who played gigs and did drugs. He's been in rehab, he's had a divorce and he still struggles with drug and alcohol addiction. And he's got the most beautiful voice. I swear, no one can scream like Chester does.



Mike went to Art school. He spent years painting and somewhere down the line switched over to his hobby, music. He writes, he plays, he sings, he raps, he paints...one interviewer even went on to call him a modern day rennaisance man. I came across a few paintings he's titled 'Glorious Excess' today.


So these are the people behind the music. But when the music takes over, you don't think about any of that, do you?

Will I ever be perfect? I doubt it.
Will I change the world? No doubt about it.

P.S: I'm getting addicted to crossword puzzles. I haven't finished an entire one yet but it beats studying.

0 comments: