Saturday, November 7, 2009

Floods, chaos, disaster. And it's only the monsoon.


Ask anyone and they’ll tell you that I’m nutty about the rain. I can sit and stare at it, if not for hours, at least for reasonably long periods of time. But even confirmed rain lovers like me have their limits. Mine was reached today as I waded through dirty, ankle deep stagnant water to get to my bus stop.

The very thought of what might constitute a majority of that water makes me shudder. Chennai, as usual, does not have the ability to sport a dry patch of land as soon as it gets some decent amount of rain. Blame the government, blame the drainage, blame whomever/whatever you want but the fact remains that it’s a safety hazard to walk the streets during the monsoons.
Just another one of the woes of the people who love 'singara chennai'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At least the walk was only till your bus stop....The college buses never let me in coz they were all overcrowded n I had to walk all the way to the gate in the rain, catch a PTC(where water kept dripping from above n hence I had to remain in my raincoat) n walk again before I reached home!..it was hell X_X

Maia said...

Ouch. That sounds bad. The one thing I hate about the otherwise perfect monsoon.