Sunday, March 22, 2009

When fate conspires to actually give you a good time...

I am very content with life at the moment. I have a great family, amazing friends,my books(all of them still unabashedly fictitious),my sansa e250, MS-Word and the clear night sky.Can anyone ask for anything more? I think not. Oh, and I bought new shoes. Yes, life is good.

The highlights of my week include celebrating a friend's birthday at her place at midnight and then keeping the neighbours up by singing along to Green day at full volume at an unearthly hour, buying three pairs of footwear at what I consider to be bargain prices at Bata (One word. SALE!), taking my bike out and enjoying early morning walks at this really nice park with another friend where, might I add, the walking was accompanied by quite a lot of talking. It's fun to watch all the other people on their early morning jogs. Some of them are just plain batty and very,very entertaining.
I got to spend time with my niece and my nephew yesterday who are both growing up too fast for any one's liking. What else? Oh yes, I paid a visit to Moore market on the noble mission of buying a maths textbook but ended up getting Twilight (as a birthday gift for a friend) and Brisingr too. How could I resist? I haven't watched any life altering movies recently, but if any come my way, I will inform you of any and all life altering changes.

My college has finally decided to cut us some slack and send us home early next week. They don't want the lot of us hanging around and increasing chances of rule breaking under minimal supervision when all the culturally inclined people shake a leg to the latest tamil kuthu songs. And the rumour on the grapevine is that my HOD is desperate to win the cults this time. The lady is apparently popping blood vessels to prove the mettle of her students and rub the other HODs' noses in their humiliating defeat. Huh. I'd like to say I'm interested but I'm really not. It is interesting however, to imagine her mood if we lose to ECE and IT as usual. I have a feeling it would put the most ominous thunderheads to shame. So I hope, for my own selfish sake and not under any delusion of departmental patriotism, that the lady gets what she wants. I can't stand her being any more temperamentally neurotic than she already is.

2 comments:

Sakura said...

seriously.go into Hollywood.they will pay u big bucks for all ur sentences and u get to do writing n reading in return. sounds very good to me O_O

and i watched Twilight.. Amazing..

Maia said...

Yeah it is, isn't it? Read the books..they're much better. And hollywood??? I doubt it...lol.