Saturday, March 7, 2009

That's it. For now.

I'm trying to get a fresh perspective on things.
For the past year and a half I haven't exactly been the most cheerful person to be around.
Well okay, I've never been the most cheerful person to be around. But at least I used to be less whiny. I had been feeling a little restrained (read:frustrated/annoyed/irked) because of my circumstances and God knows I've complained enough about my college to make even my best friends politely change the topic to Johnny Depp to take my mind off things.

Starting from now things are going to change. No, not big changes like body piercings, tatoos or running for president. Small changes. Like not bitching about my college. (Despite my sister telling me that that's the best part.)
About my college? Who cares??? This is actually a fact. NOBODY cares.
The maduravoyal road? Way too used to it.
And my HOD? Not going to waste my brain cells even thinking about her.
The fact that there's no fattening, unhealthy food to get me through the day in college...?
No...sadly,not over that yet.


There are so many things I left hanging when I entered hell (as we fondly call it) so I'm going to pick up where I left off.
I'm going to spend hours on the terrace, looking at the stars.I'm going to take impromptu trips when I'm jobless dragging any poor,unsuspecting friend who's available with me. I'm going to start writing another book. I'm going to start reading non-fiction again. I'm going to learn to cook.(I know...drastic but I can't survive on Maggi noodles and Act II popcorn forever.)
I'm going to actually study...not just mug five answers the night before my ints and vomit it on paper the next day.(This, naturally does not include the current internals.)

I'm going to start going to church, even if it's only for five minutes every once in a while, before anyone else gets there. Not exactly a quest for spirituality... maybe just some time alone with God.
And I definitely should start paying a little less attention to me and a little more to the people in my life. The thought of waking up one morning to find that we've moved too far apart is very disturbing, now that I think of it.

I could go on...But one more thing before I sign off.
I'm not going to worry about the future. I'm serious. No more debates in my head about whether I should take up higher studies or risk it and look for a job. No more worrying about if I'll ever get to do half the things I want to do before it's too late. And I'm definitely not going to worry about anything which doesn't (at least) approach the magnitude of global warming. Since I'm not a placard holding, save-the-planet type I doubt I'll lose sleep over it. Which is okay with me.No guilt trips about the disappearing Amazon forests either.

So I'll let you know how all this works out. I just hope it lasts. But expect a little angst from time to time. And a lot of slip-ups. I'm not usually so optimistic. Angst, making resolutions(and breaking them, more often than not) and raving about injustice is all part of the package deal I call life.

4 comments:

The Researcher said...

As for the cooking start with the good old biriyani,nothing makes you feel better on a gloomy day, besides Ice cream of course!

And imagine all the praise that's going to come your way, about a college going kid who knows how to make the perfect biriyani! What the heck, you can start a biriyani shop to beat the recession!

Maia said...

You can be the cook in my biriyani shop! I'll do the billing...lol.

Sakura said...

write a script for a movie.. call it "what happens/happened in Dewflower" O_O

Maia said...

No way. I'd probably get depressed writing it.