Monday, September 6, 2010

I don't give a damn

This is the title of a song by Avril Lavigne.

This is highly therapeutic if you just had one of those days when you wished you could say these words out loud to all the things and people who did their best to give you a splitting headache on a Monday.
Repeat after me. I do not give a damn. You can also download this song and sing along, with the added bonus that some of those people who did annoy you might be forced to listen to it and get one of those headaches themselves. Of course, the rest of the song is about some annoying guy who bugs her but it's the principle of the whole thing.

By the way, I have decided to give healthy eating a try because:

a) I've never tried eating healthy before, thanks to a decent metabolism rate and a dislike of forcing myself to lay off chips just to fit into those clothes Kareena Kapoor flaunts in the Vaio ad. I'm not saying it would be horrendous if I did fit into them by some miracle, but Size Zero vs. Cream and Onion Lays? Pass the chutney dip, please. So let's give a slightly smaller dress size a sporting chance here. It's only fair.

b)I've been living off bread and butter, noodles and other things which I'm growing slightly tired of. I never thought I'd say this but vegetables actually sound good right now.

c) My mother is not around to bug me to eat healthy. Reverse psychology, I guess.


I've also flicked KD's copy of Julius Caesar. This is the first time in weeks I've felt an inclination to read. I take it as a good thing. Last weekend was hands down amazing. I love the people I love. And they must be pretty darn much into me as well, if a lack of criticism about late birthday wishes, disliking glee and falling asleep in the middle of Godfather, Part1 is a sign.

Okay, I've got to go shopping for some of those healthy stuff right now.
(I think I'll sneak in a pastry or two for taking the initiative. It's not good to overdo it, after all.)

0 comments: