Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ah, well...it's been fun. Or not.

I saw a photo taken on a college trip by one of my friends recently. Simple snap, really. Five guys sitting on a grassy shore with their arms around each other's shoulders, their backs to the camera and a stunningly beautiful lake and a gorgeous array of hills in front of them. Even if you take away that gorgeous backdrop you would still know that these guys were having the time of their lives. That one photo had more soul than most of my experiences in college put together.

I read somewhere that our happiness depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. I've accepted that and I do have a lot of fun with the people I've met in the last three years. In fact, some of them are the most awesome people I know. There have been some good experiences, some bad ones and a lot of things which could have turned out better or worse than they actually did.

All I know is that I'm not looking back once I'm done with college. The basic idea is to get placed, get my degree and get out. While I'll never forget the past three years of my life (again, some absolutely fantastic things have happened. I wouldn't trade those in for the world), I will also never miss my college.
As Arnie puts it, it's hasta la vista, baby.