Friday, April 30, 2010

Exams suck



This is not an original statement. I’ll bet this phrase has been around as long as the concept of exams itself. There were probably cave kids whose parents wanted them to learn to draw pictures on the cave walls in the belief that it bettered their lives in a completely useless way. All the non-artistically inclined kids probably expressed the same sentiment by a series of extremely rude hand gestures.
And the awful truth of this short and pithy sentence hits you like a brick wall only when you have something else you really, really, really want to do.
Yes, I have something else I really, really, really want to do.

I’ve finished my Data warehousing and mining exam and I’m also done with Artificial Intelligence. What have I learnt? Reading most of the textbook and trying to remember it all in a day will give you a headache. Don’t try this at home. I’m a professional.


I’m just going to go whip up some hot and sour instant soup and settle down with my e-reader. Georgette Heyer, Wodehouse or Douglas Adams...I really can’t decide.

When’s my next exam? Sorry, no comprendo.

0 comments: