Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Farewell 2010

First things first. The awards were rigged. All you heads of departments, shame on you!

Apart from the disgraceful favouritism rampant in the farce called Farewell Awards, I think it went pretty well. From the minute I got into the bus in the morning and till the moment I got out, I was pretty entertained. It started out with the cake cutting, the fake snow, the impromptu scream sessions and the jokes about leaving jail.
All the girls from each department wore matching saris and naturally had to take like, a million pictures of themselves in the mess hall, in front of the department, the bathroom, the auditorium...it’s a girl thing. The more formal and uncomfortable something is, the more pictures you need to take to commemorate it.

The guys were in really high spirits as well if the spontaneous fist fights and dancing were any indication of how happy they were to be leaving the place. And wearing traditional Tamil clothes didn’t stop them from throwing people in the air or mock beating up guys who won all the awards. It was fun to watch. One minute all of them have their arms around each others' shoulders and the next, after the winner is announced there is a collective gasp of ‘Machan! Neeya?!’ and the poor guy gets beat up by the entire department. Very entertaining stuff.


Some of the programs were really funny, I’ll give them that. It really did feel like a Farewell and in my college, that’s saying something. I’m just waiting for my own and wondering if I should turn up wearing a leather jacket and torn jeans when everyone else is in a pink sari. The idea is very appealing.

2 comments:

Sakura said...

There's a rumor going around that our farewell is scrapped. The seniors did something, I mean, many things, that annoyed the Director it seems.

Maia said...

Lol...nice. :P Our college day's scrapped too.