Sunday, January 29, 2012

Living right smack on solid, level ground

I'm currently in an emotional rut where I want to do a lot of things, but I convince myself that it is too impractical, or even impossible. I'm having issues about my freedom and accountability in the world. I have never been allowed to make too many of my own decisions when I was a child and I suppose that just makes me want to do anything I want to now.

What's the problem then, you ask? My parents have successfully programmed recklessness out of my system. I'm not a risk taker. I weigh the consequences, I think up reasons about why I can't do things, I worry about what people will think (sometimes) and I limit my world within walls which I've put up myself.

If I do try to break out of the system, I'm immediately confronted with a perfectly good reason (like security. Girls apparently don't have much of this) why I'm crazy. So I clean my room, attempt a bit of light cooking, watch movies and live vicariously on the edge through books.


0 comments: