Thursday, May 5, 2011

What I would do if I could do anything I wanted to.

Here I am, five days into my new found freedom of not having to get up and go someplace I don't want to go to. I fully understand that this is temporary. I will, within the space of a few weeks or months, have to again get used to getting up and going someplace I might not want to go to.

So, in the meanwhile, I am going to write. I am going a start a new blog in which I will most decidedly not be anonymous. I'm sorry I can't post it here because, you know, this one is. I am also doing a bit of content writing on fascinating subjects like baby products and consumer electronics.

Oh, and my parents celebrated their wedding anniversary! I made this wonderfully gooey chocolate brownie and vanilla ice cream to mark the occasion. I suppose every marriage has its ups and downs. Not that I know much about it, but my parents do and they seem to be pretty  okay with it. That's saying something for the wedded institution, isn't it?

And as always, I am also reading. I've just finished Gone with the Wind. It's a great book, really. I was expecting a mushy romance, but it's nothing of the sort. Very realistic and not really a love story at all, when you consider that most of it was one-sided. I am now halfway into Sons and Lovers, written by D.H. Lawrence. Another good read. I'm really starting to enjoy classics.

I have more time to go out and spend time with my friends now. Even though Chennai is freaking hot, there are always air conditioned malls and theaters. Seriously, It's a sweltering 40 degrees outside. Not ideal for spending the day out, but we manage very nicely.

I tell you, this is the life. Everyone should finish college and be jobless for a while.        

  

2 comments:

Sayan said...

Are you planning to abandon this blog once you start the new one?

Maia said...

No way! This one is my baby too. And it's more personal.:)