Monday, January 3, 2011

21

Let’s start at the start. Important things which happened to me before the New Year:

1.I became my nephew’s godmother.

I thought that this meant that I have to start being a good religious role model to a two-year old kid. I tried discussing the ethical wrongness of making me anyone’s godmother based on the idea that I would encourage the kid to grow up with a reasonably religious mindset because I lack said mindset.
But my mother and sister both doubted the contingency that my nephew’s eternal salvation would rest in my hands alone.
So now I’m a godmother.
Ajay’s going to so freak out when he’s old enough to find out.

2.I got a job.

This was a nice surprise. I am now expected to be a productive member of society who will slog for hours every day to bring home the bread and butter. Along with the bills and work and the tension and the ‘big bad world’ as my mother puts it, there’s also independence and new experiences.
And long distance phone calls.
All this will happen provided I clear this monster of a paper called DSP this semester. There’s always a catch, isn’t there?

So now we come to 2011. I made no resolutions because I never keep them anyway but I will tell you that I’m not entirely happy with the way everyone tells me, with more enthusiasm than is called for in this situation, that I’ve put on weight.
A quick check on the scales this morning confirmed that I might have put on a couple of kilos.
This is not good.
I might have to actually (gasp!) exercise. I’ve never dieted in my life so I’m a little skeptical about living on protein.
At any rate, I might have a small non-resolution.


I celebrated one of the best birthdays in my life with my friends. Turning 21 was a blast! You might remember that I was bent on doing crazy things last year before I turned 20. Now I’m bent on not doing anything too crazy but crazy might find me anyway. I got some awesome gifts this time around and here’s what I got:



We had a sleepover where we tried to stick to watching one movie and ate pizza and ice cream with brownie. At midnight, they got me an awesome cake and we had another midnight snack. The next morning, they organized a treasure hunt around the house for me to find all of my 21 gifts! I can’t believe they took so much effort for my birthday. And the rest of the day was hands down amazing. I’m going to miss these guys terribly when I leave Chennai.



And last but not the least, how cute is this stuffed dog they got me? I know it’s girly to like stuffed animals but really, it’s got that puppy dog look, a lopsided nose, makes you go ‘aww’ and squeeze the dog so tight it would have asphyxiated if it was alive.

Happy New Year everyone.

P.S: In case you're wondering, I'm too lazy to set the date in my digital camera. So most of my photos were taken on 01/01/2008.

2 comments:

Sakura said...

Wipro or Infy? :)

Maia said...

Infy. :) People say it's torture but apparently it's better than wipro.