Thursday, February 25, 2010

Playing hookie

I found this great site called Urban Dictionary. It defines hookie as:

A day in which liberty is taken upon oneself to exclude themselves from school or work obligations while, most likely, pretending to be sick or having a death in the family. Usually this time is spent with a significant other (i.e. hookie for nookie), a sports activity (i.e. golf or playstation), or just plain sitting on one's ass all day editing & writing definitions for modern slang words over the Internet. Commonly referred to as "playing hookie".

Guess what? Guilty! Okay, I am actually sick with a bad cough and everything. And I'm in dire need of inspiration after days of a sudden obsession with doing nothing useful whatsoever.

Believe me when I say I do not play hookie all the time. In fact, this is the first day I'm bunking this semester. Which should tell you what a complete nerd I am.
I was thinking (which is not a good sign generally, but sometimes I surprise myself) and the only phrase which kept popping into my head was, 'Dude, you need a break.'
So I decided to bunk college and instantly felt better than I had in a long time. It's like Prozac or something, I swear.

And here I am. I just caught a champagne supernova sunrise. You know, like the ones you always see in calenders with a huge beam of sunlight bursting out of a bunch of clouds and making interesting patterns in the sky, then you realise it's a Monday and you feel like ripping the calender. Only it's not and I feel like humming and being annoyingly cheerful.

Taking time off once in a while is great. I'm actually thinking about taking out my textbooks and ignoring them, that's how charged up I am. I love it!

0 comments: