Thursday, November 4, 2010

Twenty great books you shouldn’t miss out on

I’ve been meaning to write this post for quite some time and I’ve finally gotten around to doing it. I’m a self proclaimed bibliophile and a lot of people will, with considerable disgust, attest that I’m happiest when I’m curled up with a good book. Here’s a list of my personal favourites. If you love books, you simply cannot miss out on these. :)

1.To Kill a Mockingbird - by Harper Lee
2.The Catcher in the Rye – by J.D. Salinger
3.The Fountainhead – by Ayn Rand
4.The Harry Potter series – by J.K. Rowling
5.The Hitchhiker’s series – by Douglas Adams
6.The Grand Sophy – by Georgette Heyer
7.The Jeeves omnibus – by P.G. Wodehouse
8.Pride and Prejudice – by Jane Austen
9.Three Men in a Boat – by Jerome K. Jerome
10.The Lord of the Rings – by J.R.R. Tolkien
11.Of Human Bondage - by Somerset Maugham
12.Mr. God, this is Anna – by Fynn
13.The Little Prince – by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
14.Oh! The places you’ll go – by Dr.Seuss
15.Sense and Sensibility – by Jane Austen
16.1984 – by George Orwell
17.Where the Sidewalk Ends – by Shel Silverstein
18.The Godfather – by Mario Puzo
19.Little Women – by Louisa May Alcott
20.Anna Karenina - by Leo Tolstoy

I'll be back with more.

4 comments:

Sayan said...

I am a bit surprised that you left out Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot. It seems you are not a great fan of detective stories :)

Maia said...

I love Agatha Christie! And Sherlock Holmes. There are loads I haven't included here and I'm glad you pointed out these two. Thanks.:)

Sakura said...

Twilight :P

Maia said...

Lol...that's debatable Saks. :P