Saturday, February 21, 2009

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Why have I returned to this part of the internet after quiting it months ago? I don't really have an answer for that. I quit because the monotony of blogging every day events did bore me and partly because I didn't think it reached a lot of people, but now I'm back. It doesn't matter if anyone reads this or not, it just gives me a safe outlet to say what I want to say...all the better then, that I remain anonymous.

I've never conformed to society. Oh yes, I'm forced to put up with it and I do it with a kind of indifference and scorn that my parents refer to casually as teenage rebellion. This is also accompanied by a lot of eye rolling, of course.
I suppose they don't realise that:

#Point no:1
I wave bye-bye to my teen years in approximately ten months.

#Point no:2
Generations have rebelled against societal norms and very few have actually had any amount of impact on it. Poeple can be obstinately stupid when they get together and cook up a lot of dumb rules. Anyway,I'm not going to try. So technically, I'm not a rebel.


I see and hear things every day, sometimes in my own family which just seems so...wrong. I simply cannot understand the purpose of things like caste and the sentiment behind, 'what will our relatives think?' Is there a particular reason I should care?
People are fascinating when you deal with them one on one. Everyone has a story, everyone has their virtues, everyone's different. So why are they trying so hard to be the same?

4 comments:

Sakura said...

Good.. M glad at least therez someone who feels the way i do.. caste n relatives.. honestly.. people cant live for themselves.. they strive so hard to get a certificate from the society stamped "this family is a good one n their son/daughter is an excellent cultured child.whoever is gonna marry him/her must have done a hell lot of of good in their previous birth!." sounds like a whole lot of *beep* to me .

Maia said...

Lol...defnitely a load of *beep*. But try telling your mother that.

Sakura said...

My Mom is like me.. she doesn't give a damn to all that.. its my Dad who is in the way X_X

Ri said...

Ha ha so it's the same wit everyone.. caste and in my case rituals :(.. such a waste of time !!